The Office of Bell Ribeiro-Addy MP is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. The goal of this Privacy Statement is to explain to you in plain language what personal information or we collect from you and why, how we handle and protect personal information, and how to exercise your privacy rights and choices.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data, how we will treat it.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS IMPORTANT TO US
- We are committed to safeguarding personal privacy. We recognise that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust that we take seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, we will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
- We refer to your ‘personal information’, which means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not. Your full name, mobile telephone number and email address contact details are examples of information which may constitute personal information. Personal information may also include information we may collect about your individual preferences.
YOUR RIGHT OF ACCESS:
CHANGING AND DELETING THE INFORMATION WE HAVE ABOUT YOU:
- In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required to be held for legal reasons.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our websites or registering for events and initiatives organised, facilitated or hosted by Bell Ribeiro-Addy MP by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to updates you on events and policy;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
We will only share your personal information with your direct consent.
HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
How we protect your information
Our website has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control.
We provide you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us easily and promptly. Our unsubscribe requests are processed weekly.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
IP addresses and log file data
This site does not automatically capture or store personal information, other than logging the user’s IP Address or the location of your computer or network on the Internet, for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. (If you are connected to the Internet you have an IP address, for example an IP address might read “184.108.40.206”). We also use IP addresses in the aggregate to track which pages people visit in order to improve the quality of the site.
Correcting your information
If you need to correct the information you provided us with when you subscibed to our e-mail list, you can do so through your personal form provided on-line. If you need to change your e-mail address, you can unsubscribe from our mailing lists and sign up again using your new information. Or if you have registered with a username and password you may change your details at any time via the login page without needing to re-register.
Contacting us about privacy
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Any changes we make to our privacy and cookies policy in the future will be posted on this page.