Lambeth Council are asking everyone who lives or works in Clapham, Brixton, Stockwell, West Norwood, or Vauxhall, to get a test – even if you don’t have symptoms – to help slow the spread of the virus.
From Saturday 19th June, there will be extra testing available for people without symptoms in all of these areas after a rise in confirmed cases of the Delta variant. You can pick up and drop off home PCR tests or get an in-person test without an appointment at the following sites.
- Clapham Common: Windmill Drive (SW4 9DE), 8.30am to 5pm
- Brixton: Windrush Square (SW2 1EF), 9am to 4:30pm
- Stockwell: Stockwell Memorial Gardens (SW8 1UQ), 8:30pm to 5pm
- West Norwood: Waylett Place Car Park (SE27 9AE), 8:30pm to 3pm
- Vauxhall: 139 Vauxhall Walk (SE11 5HL), 8:30am to 3pm
Getting a test is easy. You can order a test kit for delivery to your home, for yourself and up to 3 other people you live with. You can return completed tests to one of the below test sites. You can also post them if you are unable to attend a site in-person.
You can also book tests via the GOV.UK website at the following testing sites:
- Somerleyton: Angela Davis Industrial Estate (SW8 2UP), 8am-8pm
- The Rookery: Streatham Common car park (SW16 3BX), 8am-8pm
- Stockwell: Wheatsheaf Community Hall (SW8 2UP), 8am to 8pm
The main symptoms of Covid-19 are a high temperature, a new continuous cough, or a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste. If you have any of these symptoms, you need to stay at home and book a free NHS test. You can get a test delivered to you if you cannot get to a testing site.
If you test positive, local support is available, including help with practical things like shopping and medication. If you are on a low income, you may be eligible for a £500 support payment.
You can find the latest information on surge testing at Lambeth Council’s website: https://beta.lambeth.gov.uk/enhanced-coronavirus-covid-19-testing-lambeth/how-get-test