Lambeth Council has set up a local helpline for over 70s and those with chronic health conditions who may be at increased risk: 020 7926 2999.
People with underlying medical conditions
If you have an underlying medical condition, you can register for special assistance during self-isolation. You are considered to have an underlying medical conditions if you:
- Have had an organ transplant.
- Are having certain types of cancer treatment.
- Have blood or bone marrow cancer, such as leukaemia.
- Have a severe lung condition, such as cystic fibrosis or severe asthma.
- Have a condition that makes you much more likely to get infections.
- Are taking medicine that weakens your immune system.
- Are pregnant and have a serious heart condition.
Register here if you have one of these underlying conditions: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable
Assistance for older people
Age UK Lambeth are doing great work in the borough. If you know of someone who needs help, get them to call 0207 346 6800 or email email@example.com.
Here’s a list of useful numbers that may be useful for older people seeking help:
- Asthma UK: 0300 222 5800
- The British Heart Foundation: 0300 330 3311
- Diabetes UK: 0345 123 2399
- Mind: 0300 123 3393
- Scope: 0808 800 3333
- The Silver Line UK: 0800 470 8090
Many supermarkets are offering specific hours for the elderly to come in. They’re also encouraging those who can to shop in-store in order to free up delivery slots for more vulnerable people and those in self-isolation. This useful app tells NHS workers and older people the best times to visit for groceries.
If you think there’s some information that needs to be included on this page or wish to raise an individual case, please drop an email with some details to firstname.lastname@example.org.